[TechAssist] Re: CTC187CH3

  • From: Jorge Camboni <geo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:44:26 -0500

best sub is 2sd1887. It usually dies for 2 reasons:
1) it gets very hot when the 0.047/0.056 mf cap
associated with pincushion circuitry goes open
(besides the distorted picture - pincushion + increased width)
2) the buh517 does not stand it for a long time, the heath transfer
compound has been omitted at the factory!!!!!
The 1887 is a stronger-higher beta tr, and runs
very cool at that place.  I have also used
a 2sc5148 (the one rca uses in newer sets) with % problems,
0% returns in either case.
B4 somebody jumps at my neck for not using originals, I
must say that I have never had a return on a 2sd1881-2sd1887
after several years of subbing.......

Jorge

At 01:07 p.m. 09/07/03 -0400, you wrote:
>Thanks Bill and Wayne. I don't have either, so I'll order the original. Any
>known reason for these to "cack" out?
>
>-Ed-
>Tel-Tek Electronics
>Ontario-Canada
>teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Jorge Camboni, GY Electronics, Richardson, TX