[TechAssist] Re: CTC187CH3

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:43:59 -0500

Ed,

I know a lot of techs sub the 164589 & the 164590.  I don't.  I order
them 10 at a time.  At least I have a fair chance of knowing that what I
put in is proper.

I have a cabinet full of ECG/NTE subs, but only use them as a test or
when I can't get an original.  I am almost to the point of not using
generic IC's for convergence amps.  Exact replacement from manufacturer
(except Sony) is not so out of line.  I am tired of going thru two or
three sets of STKxxx-xxx to find good ones.

It is my personal opinion that more parts than ever are fakes or seconds.
 The evil and the greedy don't give a darn how they get their money.
Some of the most reliable distributors--even Tritronics--are getting
stung by them.  At least with Tritronics, they will stand behind their
products.  It won't be long before they will have to hire an inspector to
examine incoming parts.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway