[TechAssist] CTC177BF will not turn on

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:02:16 -0800 (PST)

I can not get this set to turn on either manually or with the remote. I have
changed the eeprom, have done the tuner wrap,have replaced U3101 and U1001. I
have 5v, 7v &12v  std. bys as well as 140v.  I have monitored pin 5&6 of U3101
and get no wave form when activating the power button. Have checked a ctc175
working chassis and know there should be waveform activity at those pins. Of
course no horiz out of the T chip.  I have checked continuity to the power
button. The clock and data lines look like there is activity however the
voltages are lower than the schematic calls for. The 4.8v supply is about 3v on
pin16 and 1.5v on pin 15. of U3101. Not sure what else to check ?  Paul

Paul ,B
                                     Central TV&Video

Grover Beach Ca.

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!