[TechAssist] Re: CTC177AA Chassis, channels won't stay programmed in.

  • From: "Wayne Vanaman" <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 07:19:29 -0600

Two things, here.
1 If the set pulses and shuts down try adding another cap on the
high-voltage line.  If the Horz. is off freq enough the set will set down in
over-voltage.  By adding a cap, temporarily, you lower the HV enough that
you can get to the service menu and change the settings.

2.  Autoprograming with no channels stored.  The set defaults to the air
position but can be changed back to the cable position.  Tuning is slow.
The RCA autoprogram sequence is that a channel is tuned, the micro looks for
the H Sync pulse.  If the pulse is not there the channel is assumed to be
"not there", and the next channel is tuned.  That is why RCAs do not store
the scrambled channels.  Most manufacturers look for the 3.58 burst and so
they do store the scrambled channels.  I digress.  Therefore, what you need
to look for is the HSnyc input on the micro.

In the case of the ctc177aa chassis the path for the HSync is:  U1001p63,
smdr2721, smd q2705b, smd q2705e, smd r2711, smd c3301, smd r3344, smd
q3301b, smd q3301c, smd r3331, u3101p39.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics
6904 W Fairfield Dr
Pensacola, Fl.  32506-3310