[TechAssist] Re: CTC169PTV

  • From: Labeauxman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 13:44:04 EDT

Buck,
     That's about right, or close enough. Suspect a low voltage supply
failure for the no start condition as a rule (CR4118, CR4117, ETC.) and you'll
be
ahead on that particular unit. Reverse resistance is probably going to be the
key to being able to tell either of the diodes I mention is defective. As a
rule
I replace them when I see this unit first and then troubleshoot it if
necessary. From experience reverse resistance is usually about three or four
meg,
replace it... From your post I couldn't tell what you've already tried but
email
me privately for a tip list from the RCA website along with what you've done
already.

                                                            HTH,
                                                               Lindsey

Lindsey Altman