[TechAssist] Re: CTC167CN - Retrace Lines/Bleeding Picture

This chassis is almost identical to the 169 with alot less parts. The
luma/buffer is Q2901 or Q2906 which I believe is an NTE 159.
Phil Solarz
RAC - National Product Service
Phil's Electronics
C.E.T. GNN3799 - FMIC
734-718-0301

In a message dated 12/15/2004 1:32:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Merry Christmas Techs,

I have this CTC167CN that was given to me, I would like to fix it for my
sonâ??s room if possible. Picture has retrace lines and is a bit on the
bright side with bleeding to the right of images (like too much drive
level). When I turn down the G2 (screen) there are dark patches. All the
CRT drive transistors have normal voltage and signal levels. Is this the
tube or something else? I think I read something at one time regarding
the luminance buffer causing a similar symptom. Could anyone confirm
this and which transistor is the luminance buffer?

Thanks,

David Lessard
Alexandria, Ontario
mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx