[TechAssist] Re: CTC130 Tuning Problems

  • From: jmgoins.tn@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 01:50:13 -0500

I assume you are talking about CATV channel 39 instead of broadcast. I am
not even sure if that set goes any higher (I have one as a personal set,
but tune only via VCR), but you might try hooking the cable to the UHF
input to see if it will find channels then. Most things (IE Panasonic VCR's
switch to the UHF input around channel 52) switch inputs on a higher
channel, but these turkeys are old. I recently had to resolder my tuner for
the haunted TV set tendancies. I did not see any broken joints, but I
resoldered the connectors, and the set quit cutting on in the middle of the
night with full volume white noise!

Mike Goins   jmgoins.tn@xxxxxxxxxxx