[TechAssist] Re: CATV locking terminator tool

  • From: Quality Video Service <BTSteve@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:21:33 -0600

If this is the type that I think it is, you can easily make a tool.
Take a "F" connector, screw it on the terminator, stick a piece of coat
hanger wire in the center, mark and remove. Now, make the wire a bit
longer, say 1/16th to 1/8 inch longer. Solder the wire to the in the "F"
connector. Reinstall assy, torque tight and remove terminator!
HTH

"Greg W. Houchin" wrote:

> I'd like to borrow a locking terminator tool (Gilbert type)
> for a day so I can get these locking terminators off of a multi-tap I
> got from a salvage store without destroying the jacks.
> Evidently these locking terminator devices are designed to prevent
> someone from reconnecting their cable service when it is supposed to be
> disconnected (on ground level service "pop-ups" in the alley)..but I'm
> using this old tap to distribute cable drops around my service bench.
> I would be glad to pay for shipping if someone could loan me one
> temporarily...or maybe someone knows a good place to buy one cheap?
> thanks, Greg
> Quality TV
> Amarillo, TX

Steve Rumel
Quality Video Service   -   Professional Service for your Audio and Video
Equipment
7008 Long Point   Houston, Tx. 77055
713-956-2400   713-956-2403 FAX   BTSteve@xxxxxxx
Other life   :-)