[TechAssist] Re: Best way to clean a head.

  • From: Dennis Viereck <wa6ati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 17:22:45 -0800

I Instruct my techs not to use toothbrushes with chemicals like MEK.
Inexpensive acid brushes or wooden paint brushes work excellent in these type
of chemicals because the brush or handle will not dissolve and contaminate
the board with the plastic from toothbrushes.

For the paint brushes I use up to 1 inch wide with the bristles cut to about
3/4 ~ 1 inch in length. These last for years. I loose them before they wear
out.
Watch out for MEK it is a outstanding solvent for flux but us it in a
ventilated room. It is not a chemical you want to used to smelling.

Dennis Viereck