[TechAssist] BEL radar detector

  • From: Gaetan <techno1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 00:16:48 -0500

Had a customer today , bringing an old BEL radar detector , for re-wiring .
supposed to work fine , but been removed from his old car a few years ago ,
and the wiring from the little remote box is missing :(
little remote box consist of a 3 position switch (off , on , and on with
buzzer) two LEDs (green & red) few resistors , a capacitor , and a
miniature piezo buzzer.
I can see few braids on a solder , so i'm sure there was a wire connected
there , but ...... need advice for other wires connections .
I don't have a model number thou , every stickers on aluminum box been
removed many years ago (probably by rain etc) , and little box (remote) say
nothing but BEL on it .
i've check pcboards too , and they are without any traces of marking ,
anywhere .
customers told me it was and old model , maybe 15-20 years ago ..
that's all I have as info
anyone can help me on this one ??
p.s. wiring on the main unit is there , as a start point at least.

Gaetan Bourgouin
Techno Logik
Terrebonne  Que. Ca.
techno1@xxxxxxxxxxxx