[TechAssist] AutoStart Installation

  • From: Tel-Tek <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:35:04 -0400

Just fishing here, Guys.
Anyone ever installed one of those Auto Starters that run by Remote.
Locks/Unlocks your doors..will start your car by Remote on those cold winter
mornings..etc.

Seems all the outputs are Negative (-) on the module...I have a 1994 Buick,
and when I found the relay for locking and unlocking doors, all the voltages
are positive (+).

I'm not over concerned about starting my vehicle, but the remote lock and
unlock functions would be nice. Although, it seems if you lock your keys in
your car...the Remote seems to be on the same Key ring as your keys. Go
figure.

I bought one of these Remote starter modules last year, and never had the
time, or resolution to install it. Last week my wife locked her keys in the
car at the Mall, and decided I better install it. Keep the Remote in her
purse.
I actually have a set of keys hidden inside the bumper, but of course she
doesn't pay attention, when I explain to her were they can be found.

If anyone has installed one of these after market Remotes...I can send a PDF
of the wiring harness,  Took me 2 hours, just to find the relay for the
doors.

-Ed-
--
Tel-Tek Electronics