[TechAssist] Adventures in Chipper Check

  • From: "Wayne Vanaman" <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 08:32:11 -0600

RCA HD65w140
ATC311

Received some cables from Sencore late yesterday.  I am going to make some
piecemeal posts.

First, the instructions in chipper check are, how shall I say, lacking.

Set the ip address in the computer.  169.254.1  subnet 255.255.0.0
Plug the computer into the TV using the network crossover cable.  This is a
STANDARD "crossover" cable available at the computer stores.

If you try to proceed into the "ethernet" connection in CC with the TV not
connected to the computer you will get incorrect IP address messages.

With the computer connected, the TV off, press and hold the vol up and
channel up buttons untill "the" screen on CC changes.  At this point I was
able to download the main eeprom data.

The CC program does not tell you WHERE the interface connection is.
More to come.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics
6904 W Fairfield Dr