[TechAssist] Re: A&b list

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:07:49 -0500

Its simple. If you send a message to techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, you are
sending to the A list. If you send message to repair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
you are sending to the B list.

The A list is served by Freelists, which allow all the messages to be
available on the internet via a Google search. Most of us don't like
this fact because the public is getting tips on how to fix their own
TV's. There is a positive aspect about using the A list, and that is
that all our email messages are archived so we can go back and view
messages from way back months ago. For this reason some people are
reluctant to switch to the B list.

The B list is served by Tech Assist and the messages are not available
to the public at all.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada