[TechAssist] Re: ATX Computer-How does it start up?

  • From: "Technotronic Dimensions" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 12:39:47 -0400

Roger:

              You test ATX PS out of PC by Jumpering pins 3-4 on the
Connector with the Key facing you. Place an old Spare Hard Drive on it as a
load first as a precaution. If the drive Spins up , chances are the PS is
ok.

           A board also wont power up if the CPU  or memory is bad or not
seated properly. Or if there is a problem with an expansion card. If thats
all ok, then the BIOS may be bad...but usually if you hear a speaker "BEEEP"
it means BIOS is in tact.

Steve Hearns
Technotronic Dimensions, NY [USA]
WWW.TECHNOTRONIC-DIMENSIONS.COM
1-877-817-9885 (Voice / Fax Toll Free - US Only)