[TechAssist] Re: ASTI HV Block

  • From: "D Thunhurst" <dthunhurst@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 15:20:41 -0600

I had a problem with two flybacks from Asti for Mitsubishi.  The first one
was a 20" set.  The original fly had a burn down the side arcing to the heat
sink.  I could isolate the heat sink from the flyback and the set would work
just fine but I couldn't send it out that way.  I got the replacement from
Asti but it wouldn't even come close to focusing.  I contacted them and
received the RA# and sent the one back that would not focus.  I couple of
weeks later I received another one with a charge on it.  They claimed they
don't issue credit immediately.  That one didn't focus either.  They
informed me that I was the only one that had that problem but send the old
flyback in and they would match it up.  A few weeks later I received a
flyback from them and this time it worked.
The second one was for a 26" Mitsubishi.  I received the new one but there
was no way in Hell it would ever fit.  The shape was drastically different.
Pins would not line up to the PC board, electrolytics would not clear the
body of the flyback as well as a horizontal centering switch.  I talked to
Joe at Asti and again was informed that I didn't know what I was doing as I
was the only one to have this problem.  He the asked what I wanted him to
do.  Well... supply me the right one, Right??.  Again, he informed me this
was the right one and he could give me a refund upon returning it to them..
Again, the RA#, etc.  This was in February.  I still don't have my credit.
I ended up waiting for CRC to manufacture one.  It fit, set gone.
It is extremely hard to work with companies with bad attitudes.
Daryl
Daryl's TV
3310 Dyer St.
El Paso, TX 79930