[TechAssist] Re: AC head adj.

  • From: Dennis Viereck <wa6ati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 09:32:37 -0800

Ray
In your response you made reference to a specific tape,  "Must be an
optically recorded tape " I have never heard of this type of tape. What is it?
My understanding of video tape is that it is 100% magnetic media. How does
optics play into this?

I understand that the magnetic footprint placed on the tape must match a VHS
standard. That is why the master must be recorded accurately to make all VHS
machines compatible to the VHS standard.

Dennis Viereck