[TechAssist] Re: A question of "WA**Z"

  • From: <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 03:12:12 -0500

(Name?) Who's site was it posted at, and who mentioned it on
this list?  At any rate, the link you posted in your email IS
a war*z site.  FULL downloads of ha**ed software that no
longer is a 'demo' or has a time limit, and is free.  So, if
you are opposed to posting it, then I can't understand why
YOU posted it.  Also, there is nothing wrong with posting
links to where specific free/shareware software can be
downloaded....how else can members get it?

Yes, software is not a topic of this list, but asking about
software here at this list, IS permitted as long as it has
something to do with the repair/diagnostics of computers.
Since we all must use them to get this email list and get to
the TechAssist website, and they are electronics, that is not
off-topic.  If they go down for us, or we have a problem with
them, we are cut off from this email list, website, and other
electronics websites of course.  If someone asks about a
program that will repair or diagnose computer problems, then
all members could at one point or another use that
information to their benefit.

OT for example would be posting something about...games,
gaming, mp3's, website design software, etc, that sort of
thing, and the link you posted for that matter.  :-)  That
would not be permitted.  Some on occasion have inquired about
scanning software, which is OK since we all have to scan at
one time or another a section of a power supply for example.
Default scanning methods leave a HUGE image file, too large
to be emailed (OFF LIST), or stored on a hard drive.
Converting those .bmp or .tiff files to gif or jpeg is what
is best.  Many do not know how to do this, or where to get a
program that will do it.
(certain characters in this thread have been omitted with *)

Tech-Assist Administration
http://tech-assist.org
techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx