[TechAssist] Re: 7 FLASHES (LED) KV32XBR400

  • From: Frank Luu <fkluu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 07:07:49 -0700 (PDT)

Bil:
There are 3 things you can do.
1)G2 may need to be adjusted.(on C board)
2)remove plastic cap off CRT pin, removed black glue
and reseal with silicon glue.Do this only if customer
says there are noise bars run on the screen
intermittently and shut off.
3)replace D board.Value of three hold down
potentiometers on D board was changed due to epoxy
glue problem. I guess D board is about $300 after Dud
credit.
Good luck.
Frank

--- Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sony KV32XBR400
> 32" TV
>
> Good Picture for a few seconds, then turns off
>
> LED flashes 7 times and  quits (when TV turns off)
>
> When the set does stay on it will play for days
>
> I have to drive to another town to look at this so I
> am hoping that
> someone knows which parts usually cause this symptom
> on this model
> (so I can order them if necessary).  I was told that
> 7 flashes
> indicates trouble in the horiz circuit.
>
> --
> Best regards,