[TechAssist] Re: 61" Sony KP-61S35 HOT Shorted?

  • From: "Dan Garris" <dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:38:56 -0400

I've taken loose the Collector from the HOT and turned the set on, (no
sound, no picture of course) I resoldered the collector and then I took
loose the anode going from the FBT to the HV Splitter. The set will power
on, (still no sound, no picture) and I measured NO high voltage coming out
of loose FBT anode. Also the HOT is getting very  very warm (too hot to
touch!) If I reconnect the FBT anode back to the HV Splitter, it will short
the HOT. Any comments?

Dan Garris
Garris TV
New Bern, NC