[TechAssist] Re: 42-48" plasma TV for PC& other use question

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:46:40 -0500

My suggestion would be to get a LCD tv. I believe they make them up to 42
inches now. It will need far less service (forgive me, lord) and will last
far longer. Power required is negligible and they are far more rugged than a
plasma. Also no possibility of an image burn as frequently happens with
plasma. I imagine a plasma that size draws about a kilowatt. Great for
warming up the room in the winter but figure on another two kilowatts for
the air conditioner to cool the room.
Another choice would be a DLP projector, either front or rear.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609