[TechAssist] Re: 32" RCA CTC187 - Dead Set

  • From: "Dan Garris" <dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:42:51 -0400

Yes, Hollis - I'm using my SC-61 and I have taken several voltages and
waveforms - it's one of those sets that is just going to take some good long
hard troubleshooting on (smile). All IC's and eeprom have VCC and I am
getting good IR remote signal input, just got to really dig deep on this
one, if I can even find the problem. It's also possible that R2921U resistor
was bent from factory and touching the metal case and a bare jumper on the
pcb. Set was repaired and working last week and when the board was moved it
stopped working, we believe the resistor caused it to die, it was clearly at
the point of touching the metal case and the other lead was right at
touching a jumper, there is even a small "arch" mark on the sheild and
jumper at the resistor where possible burn occurred. Replaced Q4401 Hot
(shorted) and U4101 Reg IC, and replaced Q4852, Q4104 (both checked ok but
replaced), Changed U2903 (L7805AC), and still not working. Still digging and
checking. Supplying +12v to the emitter of Q4852 (12v Reg) will fire up the
set but it has a blank raster and no control or OSD. So I am still digging,
this is going to be a tough dog I believe. I just hated to throw away this
nice 32" Stereo TV w/ PIP.

Dan Garris
Garris TV
New Bern, NC