[TechAssist] Re: (((1999 27" SONY Shuts Off)))

Don't know why anyone would suggest flyback.
If I understand your symptom it sounds like the electron beam is being
pulled up to the funnel of the CRT and reflecting to the face plate of
the CRT. Check to see if you have a DC voltage across the vertical
deflection coils. There should be "0" volts. If you have a voltage you
have a problem with the vertical output or the supply voltages for the
Vertical output IC....  BTW do you have sound?

Dennis