[tech-spec] question about semi-auto report generation

  • From: vfulco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tech-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 10:14:22 -0500

Dear Tech Specs-

Would anyone have a tip on how to mix graphics and associated/extra tabular
data into one exportable document?  I've figured out how to create PDF/PS/PNG
files with the charts only.  Going forward, the most likely format I'll be
using is PDF.

I understand there are a number of powerful languages to manipulate R, namely
Perl, Python, etc. but they are much further down on the to do list.  I would
like to get up to speed on a method quickly.

Is Sweave the short term answer?

Thanks for your time.

Vince Fulco