[tech-spec] Re: Yahoo! quotes

  • From: "Daniel Flam" <daniel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tech-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:32:54 -0400

I wrote a script in perl that imports the data directly into MySQL and that
makes life easy, because besides the regular data pull out, it allows me to
get synchronized data between series if i want to compare things like VIX vs
SPX or two stock arbitrage using a select. So i wrote a RODBC to quickly run
queries
such as
select a.price as VIX, b.price as SPX from dailyprices as a, dailyprices as
b where a.date=b.date

this would be a mess to accomplish without SQL