[tech-spec] Re: Random Number Generation

  • From: "Daniel Flam" <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tech-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 14:50:53 -0500

Be ware of built in random number generators They are usually terrible!

If you plot a XY plot of one number after another youll see they are not
"random" at all.
You must use a cryptographic level random number generator to produce number

see
http://www.rocketaware.com/perl/perlfaq4/Why_aren_t_my_random_numbers_ran.htm

How about install Math::TrulyRandom and use it