[tech-spec] Re: R arguments

  • From: Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tech-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:23:03 -0500

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 04:55:07PM -0700, BBands wrote:
> > You could post this suggestion on R-help, but only if you were able to
> > purchase http://snipurl.com/9r3h before Professor Ripley read your
> > post
>
> I do find it interesting that one should need flame protection for the help
> list for what is arguably the most user-hostile piece of software ever
> written.

IMHO it is the single best list terms of its signal-to-noise ratio.

But the aforementioned Prof Ripley (who has a calme, almost shy demeanour
when you meet him in person) does not take ill-researched posts and other
foolish utterances very lightly. We all have our bruises.

Still, he is often the first to reply, and always substantive in his posts.
Just last week I got two patches for Debian R bug reports from him just last
week,

Dirk

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx