[tech-spec] Re: R arguments

  • From: BBands <BBands@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tech-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tech-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 10:14:51 -0700

> However it seem's you asking about passing 'extra' arguments
> to source() *in the GUI*

or from the > prompt of the command line interface.

> Arguments to what? Where are they being plugged in, assuming
> you have them?

I am working on a charting package that Dirk and I wrote last Spring--Dirk
did most of the heavy lifting. I want to pass it a symbol and a couple of
variable values.

> I fiddled with ideas like
> mysource<- function(x,...) source(x,...)
> with no immediate success

I think that is the way to go; wrap it in a function, load the function and
then call it.

I'll post the code as soon as it is ready for prime time.