[tech-spec] Re: R arguments

  • From: Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tech-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 09:07:15 -0500

I promise that I will get off this soap box one day, but ...

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 07:52:27PM -0400, Tom McCubbin wrote:
> I keep my timeseries data either in FAME databases, or blob'd in
> Berkeley DB, both embedded db technology, for that (more than a ) little
> speed advantage for large models.  I needed to access them from R, so i
> wrote a simple C wrapper that was all of 75 lines of code.  Its super
> fast from the R>, as i hate loading data...

... in this context, had you heard of Joe Conway's clever 'R inside of
PostgreSQL' project of R as a procedural language for the Postgres SQL DBMS?
On Debian, it's just one 'apt-get install' away. See

        http://www.joeconway.com/plr/

Dirk

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx