[tech-spec] Re: R arguments

  • From: Tom McCubbin <tmccubbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tech-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:06:32 -0400

Thank you.  I thought my text was invisible.

I too have a tool (Tom's Big Fat Trader).  The name is not perfectly
suitable, as it is really for back testing, simulating the
impact/interelationships of models, allocation models, and dynamic
universe constraints.   As well as analysis of the results.

It is written in C++, and uses a system to load modules at runtime that
can implement various components of the system(s).  However, it is not
accessible to many due to the language, so i'm embedding python into the
system to make it scriptable and improve productivity.  I looked at Rpy
and was not too keen on its implementation.  So i am considering
re-wraping R to make it more friendly from Python.

Do you have any input on what you would like to see in an enhanced
R-wrapper to Python?   I'm happy to contrib the code if it is
helpful...i'm a long time open source guy.

-tom