[tech-spec] Problem with plotting time series & x-axis labels...

  • From: "Vincent C. Fulco" <vfulco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tech-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:37:28 -0500

Dear Tech Specs-

After losing more hair on the top of my head, I am a bit closer to solving the problem I detailed earlier re: plotting dates on the X-axis. I happened to uncovered some pages in R News (4-1) pp.29-32 which give a short synopsis of date/time classes and provides a comparison table to boot.

I think it all comes down to manipulating the axis() function and supressing the x-axis in the earlier plot() command but I've yet to tweak the settings just right. I will post as soon as I make a breakthrough.

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/Rnews/Rnews_2004-1.pdf

or

http://tinyurl.com/6t4dh

HTH,