[tech-spec] Re: Formula writer

  • From: Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tech-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:00:28 -0500

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 10:37:09AM -0700, BBands wrote:
> I've a large number of math formulas that I need to write down. Does a
> tech-spec know of a formula-friendly editor? Something easy to use as this
> isn't a profession, just a task that needs doing.

What is easy is, just like beauty, in the eye of the beholder, but e.g.
Quantian has a few LaTeX GUIs that allow you to point and click your way to
editing formulas. LyX, KLyx, Kile, TeXMacs, ... were/are all included at
different points in time.  The KDE editor Kile may be a start.

All of these may help, or drive you up the wall.  Let us know the score at
the end of the match :) All you need to do is to boot your trusted Quantian
cdrom/dvd...

Dirk

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx