[team2039mentors] Team 2039 needs your help with Lunch on Lawn

  • From: "Lesko, Kenneth R HS" <ken.lesko@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Babler, Mark CSC" <Mark.Babler@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Roth, Erich A HS" <erich.roth@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Fordyce, Graham T HS" <graham.fordyce@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Borgetti, David W HS" <dave.borgetti2@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Webber, Will HS" <will.webber@xxxxxxxxxx>, "McInerney, John F HS" <John.McInerney@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Carter, Ryan Thomas HS" <RYAN.CARTER@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 18:41:31 +0000

Mentors and Parents of Team 2039 students who work at HS:  Hamilton Sundstrand
(HS) is planning a Lunch on the Lawn at our Alpine and Harrison location that
is focused on education.  One of the goals is to promote the employee
involvement in our local schools through mentorship in different school
programs including US FIRST Robotics.  It is HS leaderships desire to increase
employee volunteers such that we would in the short term be able to support a
US FIRST team at Jefferson High School and in the long term the other 3
Rockford public high schools.  This would be the perfect venue for existing
teams to be able to mentor upcoming local teams as well as promote US FIRST in
general. As you are aware, Lunch on the Lawn brings employees and their
families together for a picnic lunch on the HS property.  HS has invited
Rockford Robotics, Winnovation and The Flaming Monkeys to this upcoming Lunch
on the Lawn event to put on a Robot Demo and talk to interested employees and
family members.  Rockford area school officials and teachers are being invited.
  We have a dance floor being brought in for demonstrating our robots and we
will have a promotion table be able to pass out info and collect names of
interested individuals.   The time we would need your support is minimal, from
11:30AM to 1PM on July 18th.   Please consider stopping by our booth to help us
talk to fellow employees about your or your students robotics experience.
Please put it on your calendar and plan on joining us.

Regards,

Ken Lesko
Hamilton Sundstrand Electric Systems
Systems Integrated Product Team Lead
A350XWB Ram Air Turbine System
Phone (815) 226-5135

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This message may contain proprietary and/or privileged
information of Hamilton Sundstrand Corporation and its affiliated companies. If
you are not the intended recipient please 1) do not disclose, copy, distribute
or use this message or its contents, 2) advise the sender by return e-mail, and
3) delete all copies (including all attachments) from your computer. Your
cooperation is greatly appreciated.