[team2039mentors] Re: FW: Rockford Robotics 2012 Awards

I hope I'm not too late for this.

Rockford Robotics All Star Award  -  Eli. He seemed to be able to do
almost anything, and do it well.

Excellence Under Pressure Award  -  Jared. Never lost his cool in the
pit or on the field.

Think Outside the Bot Award  -  Mark, Alex or Austin sound like a good
candidates. I am not fully aware of what they did (except for the
electrical boxes by Mark). No others come to mind.

Innovator of the Year Award  -  I would like to nominate whoever led the
Animation Sub-Team through to completion. I am not sure if it was an
individual or a group effort. Although they had plenty of guidance and
direction in the beginning, near the end the Animation sub-team ran
themselves with apparently little to no mentor involvement (as far as I
could tell). No other past sub-team performed at this level and it
should be both acknowledged and encouraged.

Rookie of the Year Award  -  Morgan, Natalie or Carly (preference in
that order). In addition to their own sub-team work, these girls picked
up various other skills (tools, mechanical, electrical, sewing,
anything) quickly and used them quite effectively working on any task.
Although they may have been quiet and passive, they were very effective
members of the team to the point where I did not think of them as
rookies.

Thanks.

Gabriel Cotto
Air Systems Analyst