[team2039] Sundstrand Lunch on the Lawn

  • From: mgjohnsn@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: team2039@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 01:55:16 +0000 (UTC)

Students -

Hamilton Sunstrand is hosting a "Lunch on the Lawn" event focusing on FIRST
Robotics on Wednesday, July 18. At the bottom of this email is a Lunch on the
Lawn description provided by Mr. Lesko.

We need students to help out at this event. Some students will be driving the
robot and some will be manning an information table. Time commitment is from
10:00 AM to 1:30 PM. We will also have a short meeting to go over event
expectations and activities on Monday, July 16, from 5:00 - 6:30 PM at the 'Bot
Shop.

In addition to students working at "Lunch on the Lawn," we also need volunteers
to transport robot and materials to to Sunstrand.

We welcome any parents who want to help.

Please let us know if you can participate by responding to this email.
Sunstrand expects 500 people to attend this event, so the more volunteers we
have, the better.

Thanks,
Mrs. Johnson

____________________

Hamilton Sundstrand (HS) is planning a Lunch on the Lawn at our Alpine and
Harrison location that is focused on education. One of the goals is to promote
the employee involvement in our local schools through mentorship in different
school programs including US FIRST Robotics. It is HS leaderships desire to
increase employee volunteers such that we would in the short term be able to
support a team at Jefferson High School and in the long term the other 3
Rockford public high schools. This would be the perfect venue for existing
teams to be able to mentor upcoming local teams as well as promote US FIRST in
general. Lunch on the Lawn brings employees and their families together for a
picnic lunch on the HS property. They bring in food, tents, tables and chairs
along with entertainment at times. We have a dance floor being brought in for
demonstrating our robots and we will be able to pass out info and collect names
of interested individuals. Rockford school officials and teachers are being
invited.