[TCUG] Re: Mounting of ped push button units

  • From: "Peter Jones" <peter.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 12:41:32 +0100

There have been many debates on this point over the years. =20

My own point of view is wait boxes should be fitted in line with the kerb =
edge, directly facing the pedestrian waiting to cross.  I believe there is =
an advantage in approaching drivers being warned that a demand is present, =
as indicated by the illuminated 'wait' sign, and should encourage them to =
be ready to stop.  I disagree that drivers, in general, would be tempted =
to 'put their foot down' when seeing the 'wait' lamp lit.  In Sefton, =
therefore, we have standardised on this approach.

...I also think it looks neater.

Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council
Any views expressed by the sender of this message
are not necessarily those of Sefton MBC

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments may be confidential.
It is intended for the named recipients only. If you are not the named
recipient please notify the sender and do not disclose the contents
to any other party.