[tccrockets] Re: Tripoli Rules 2012

  • From: "James Marino" <jmarino1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 15:03:30 -0800

        OK... Probably should hold my tongue, but I'm going to go ahead and get
in trouble by piping in.

        At least a partial contribution to the problems at LDRS was the TV
crew. People are easily distracted, especially by a little TV honey in skin
tight jeans dragging around a camera crew. They are paying too much attention
to that, instead of paying attention to the M class complex project, or any
other project, they have in front of them.

        The people running the show are distracted by the same factors, and
aren't paying attention to who is and is not on their range.

        At least one of the people severely burned by an M that lit in the
horizontal position was a non-involved, uncertified woman out for a ride on her
four wheeler, that stopped to have a look at what's going on. She didn't belong
on the range at all, let alone anywhere near a complex M project being prepped
on a pad.

        Rules were already in place, but were not enforced. And two people had
to take a helicopter ride to a burn unit.

        Not good.

        Ask James D how I feel about TV crews. He knows.

        They can shoot all the footage they want. From the 'taters area. Waaaay
the Hell over there.>>>>>>

James

          From: Douglas Valkenaar <douglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          To: tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Date: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 12:44 PM

          So - what happened at LDRS?

          On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 7:39 AM, James Dougherty <jafrado@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

            I also see that non certified people are not allowed outside
spectator area unless certified flier accompanies

            After LDRS I would say that's a good call