From: tccrockets-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:tccrockets-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Weinshenker
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012 10:35 PM
To: tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tccrockets] Re: NAR junior level one

Sam Fineberg wrote:
> The Tripoli rules are new.  While this may not be the first time, it
> hasn't been an issue until this year.  Tripoli had a fairly bad
> incident at LDRS which was complicated by having unauthorized people
> at the pads.

Yeah, I figured that was behind Tripoli's evident present desire to have
specific policies on access to the "HPR Pad Area" as such (a point on which
I don't think the NAR rules are quite as explicit)...

So do the new TRA rules require that a candidate for TRA certification (as a
"Non-HPR Flier") "escorted" to the pad area? (Or does this fall under the
same category as non-certified individuals being specifically allowed to buy
HPR motors for the purpose of making certification attempts?)

Seems like it would be good to get a clarification (as Jack said he planned
to) from TRA HQ on whether an NAR "junior cert"
candidate with a parent (HPR-certified and over 18) would count as a
"Non-HPR Flier ... escorted by a HPR Flier" for the purpose of the "2-18.1.1
Exception".

-dave w