[tcb] trip report

  • From: KatrinaMartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 11:59:48 -0500

Dan &I left Houston at 3:30pm. We drove to Cooper stayed at the campground.
We unloaded the bus and hooked up the A/C as soon as possible. Then we took
ashower, fed &watered the dog, hooked up the laptop and turned on The
Simpsons DVD. Did you know Selma &Patty have a Volkswagen Thing? Got up and
headed to Springdale Arkansas. Got a call from Steve &Sharon, they were in
Denison. Time: 8:30am(I think). Steve asked if we had Fred's phone number,
nope don't have Fred's number. Fred went solo up there. The ride was
wonderful to Springdale, winding roads just don't compare to the flatlands
here in Houston. Dan &I made it to Springdale at 2pm. Denis was gone to town
for some groceries, but Jan was home to greet us. Then all the excitement
started, I was so glad to be there. Then Denis showed up. Then Fred showed
up. So the party started. Then Steve &Sharon showed up. Then Travis &Joey
arrived. Then Jeff &Heather arrived. We all had! blinky l

The next morning Steve &Sharon got up at 4:30am and left to go to
Mountainview for the Volkswagen Show. Dan &I got up at 7am. Fred got up at
7am. Denis got up at 7:30am, maybe it was 8am. Danis made coffee and also
made a kickass breakfast. Thanks Denis. Then Jan got up. We all got ready to
go to Mountainview. Dan, Fred, and I went to the gas station got some gas.
Denis &Jan got to the gas station a few minutes later. Then we all went to
Mountainview for the big Hoedown Volkswagen Show at John's Laid Back
Pickins.About 20 Volkswagens were there. A total of 24 Volkswagens including
us. Everyone was really nice and greeted us. Everyone also wanted to know
about "THOR". That is my huge Great Pyrenees I have. The cabins were clean
and roomy. The camping kicked ass, well if you have an A/C it did. After the
show we all went to a Steak Restaurant, great shrimp scampi I tell ya. Ya I
went to the steak restaurant and had shrimp scampi, hell I h! ad to it

Katrina &Dan Martin
71'bus "Homer"
http://homepage.mac.com/danandkatrinamartin