[tcb] trip report...

  • From: KatrinaMartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:29:03 -0600

Trip Report, So it went a little something like this...
Thursday night at 6:30PM Dan & I left for Shirley Creek campground in Etoile
Texas. Got there at about 9:30PM. The trip was wonderful, no problems at all.
Of course Homer was taking us there, so it was a easy trip to the campground.
Ronnie had called us earlier in the day and told us that the tent sites were
much better than the RV sites. We trusted his judgement and went to the tent
sites to camp. Dan & I are almost true VW campers, we had a propane heater and
a toilet. I didn't bring any food I was hoping the cafe had great food. Ronnie,
Dan, & I stayed up and talked and then went to bed.
Friday morning got up about 7AM, went and had breakfast at the CAFE'. The food
was very good. I talked with Hughleen about how many people were showing up. I
enjoyed chatting with her and Mandy(she was cookin'). So Dan and I went back to
the campsite and watched Ronnie do some Oklahoma fishin', that was very
entertaining. Ronnie then realized his bus was not running at all, it just
would not start, the pulley never did move an inch. Then Dan called Dennis to
ask Chuck what the problem could be. Then Ronnie called Mark, he said it could
be a problem with the main baring. So the motor has to be pulled out and
checked over. Mark has a tow bar and was also going to the show in Nacogdoches.
Then Ronnie fished some more and also took a little nap while resting his head
on the pine tree log. About 2PM Dan & I decided we were going to have lunch at
the CAFE'. We were walking up the hill and then all of a sudden there was Joe
Smith with his pick-up and beautiful bug on a trailer. We !
 talked wi
Saturday morning: Wil and his two sons went to the CAFE' early that morning
about 6:30AM. It was 8AM when all of us decided to get some breakfast. There
was Neil & Liz, Dan & I, Dennis, Paul, Jack, Robb, Michael, and Jerry. So we
all go into the CAFE' and order breakfast. I ordered first and forgot to order
for Dan, SHIT, so I got to the end of the line and told her I forgot to order
for my husband. Gosh what was I thinking. Then we all ate and noticed Dan was
never going to be able to eat...45 minutes in that CAFE' and still wating on 10
of us to get served breakfast. Later when Dan still didn't get any food, I just
went up to the counter where Hughleen was , she was cooking the breakfast and
asked where my husbands breakfast was I ordered it 45 minutes ago. So then I
noticed his plate of breakfast was sitting right beside her as she turns around
just bitching about how everything is just going so wrong and that the grill
was not hot enough and sh e had so many people to co!
 ok breakf
Sunday we all got up about 8AM. Except for Sue and Chuck they got up earlier I
think. Sue brought me a cup of coffee. Thanks Sue for letting us come to your
house to crash and eat. Really thanks to Sue and Chuck for being such nice
people. Then Sue made breakfast for all of us. Then Robb, Michael, and Jerry
left to go back home. Denis, Neil & Elizabeth, Dan & I stayed there a while.
Then Neil and Elizabeth had to go pick up their grandkids in Texarkana so they
left. Sue then went to the grocery store and fixed us lunch. Then we headed
home about 3PM. We had a great time on the way back home, no problems with
Homer at all. We got home at 7:00PM. Thanks again Chuck and Sue ya'll are some
wonderful people.

Katrina & Dan Martin
71'bus "Homer"
http://homepage.mac.com/danandkatrinamartin