From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2008 10:43:23 AM
Subject: [tcb] Re: tranny question

In old age your memory gets not so good.  So when I say off the top of my head
that means I haven't looked it up and you can take it from my memory, for what
that's worth.  And by the way, most VW shops carry for cheap the tool he needs.
 You can also make one out of a 17mm nut, a piece of steel and a bit of
welding.  Have one special made for the split case tranny 36's which do not
have enough room to get in beside the tranny to remove the filler nut.

"Gerald V. Livingston II" <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Why do you keep them on top of your head?

Does it *HAVE* to be the one off the top of your head, or can Jeff use a
different one from somewhere else?

We'll leave it up to Jeff to figure out what other places one might find
a 17mm hex wrench.

G2

sammie smith wrote:

> 17mm off  the top of my head.
>
> */ATX BUS /* wrote:
>

> Any one know what size allen wrench I need to remove the
> transmission drain plug from 67? Is it the same size as the RGBs?
>
> Jeff

Be a better friend, newshound, and