[tcb] Re: tie rod ends

  • From: "Will" <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 17:18:51 -0400

You have to replace the tie rod&nbsp;

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
On May 3, 2010 12:52 PM, Gerald Livingston &lt;gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;
wrote:

Right, but I've got one that has a toasted ball so I need to replace. I

never saw the point in replacing one of something that has failed.

I needed to look to see if I could buy just the ends or if I'd have to

buy complete tie rods.

So, how does one get correct front end alignment if the freakin tie

rods aren't adjustable?

G2

On Mon, 3 May 2010 11:52:15 -0400

"w.wood" &lt;evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx&gt; wrote:

&gt; Actually, then there wouldn't be any adjustment.  you just need a

&gt; BFH, the tie-rods and a couple of wrenches.

&gt;

&gt;

&gt;

&gt; -- Sent from my Palm Pre

&gt;

&gt; ------------------------------

&gt; On May 2, 2010 11:07 PM, Gerald Livingston &lt;gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;

&gt; wrote:

&gt;

&gt;

&gt; I suppose I should crawl back under there and make sure the P.O.

&gt; didn't replace them at some point in the past with those cheap-ass

&gt; non-adjustable tie rods that you can't take the ends off of.

&gt;

&gt; Thanks,

&gt;

&gt; G2

&gt;

&gt; On Sun, 2 May 2010 19:50:23 -0500

&gt; "Will" &lt;evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx&gt; wrote:

&gt;

&gt; &gt; That is the usual qty. &amp;nbsp;

&gt; &gt;

&gt; &gt;

&gt; &gt;

&gt; &gt; -- Sent from my Palm Pre

&gt; &gt; On May 2, 2010 6:10 PM, Gerald Livingston

&gt; &gt; &amp;lt;gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
&lt;lt%3Bgerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;&amp;gt;

&gt; &gt; wrote:

&gt; &gt;

&gt; &gt; What do I need to replace all 4? Two left thread and two right

&gt; &gt; thread?

&gt; &gt;

&gt; &gt;

&gt; &gt;