[tcb] Re: this probably isn't safe huh?

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 12:24:44 -0600

so it could essentially be oil blown from the leaky oil cooler seals on to the tube and burning off? i haven't run it longer than 15 minutes in the past 2 months so i can see that.

From: wuzmop@xxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: this probably isn't safe huh?
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 11:30:09 -0500

You're probably being a worry wart, 10 bucks says it's the paint burning off. Mine were stored in a warehouse for who knows how many years. The oil on them turned to tar like crap. It smelled and smoked a bit, but after a day or two the stuff burned off and it's fine.