[tcb] Re: the newest update(bet your getting tired of them)

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 11:08:55 -0500

ok, i am going to have to do some research on that one. how does that happen? you just connect the coil and in some mysterious way the reverse lights start working? i just find it amazing how the wiring in the thing is done. one bad ground on the right rear and you have only one working blinker, fix the ground and everything works. it's insane. i assume the reverse light thing will be in the bently wire diagram somewhere though correct? all wires from tranny are there though and hooked up

From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: the newest update(bet your getting tired of them)
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 08:13:54 -0700 (PDT)

The reason your reverse lights don't work is because they take power off of the coil. So. no engine, no reverse lights.

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: so update for today. electrical is all checked out lights shine. pb blast
scored again when getting the light bulb out of the rusty socket on the left
front blinker. got all the blinkers working, got the brakes working.
headlights work, brights really work, reverse lights don't work (well it
isn't perfect), checked to make sure the ignition wire works and it does,
green light works, red light works. she is ready for a motor.