[tcb] Re: test

  • From: Mike Hayes <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 06:27:09 -0500

Thanks Sammie,

I try not to go to the Samba forums too often because there not very nice to people who don't know as much as they do. I did find the threads you were talking about and now have more options than I did before. However the more I learn the more I think I'm just gonna stay
all stock on the steering.  New but stock.

sammie smith wrote:
The reason for the LOL post earlier is that Bob the VW genius built Paul's with a bunch of scrounged parts for about $200. Rabbit parts and some later Vanagon parts or something like that. Have Paul give you Bob's VW Engineerings phone # and call him and talk to him. Apparently he can build anything and from everything I have seen on the Samba about rack and pinion on a splitty, Bob's the only one who has solved the problem. There is quite a discussion on R&P for the splitty on the samba, including Paul's installation.