[tcb] Re: test

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:46:40 -0500

Only AVG free.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 1:40 PM
Subject: [tcb] Re: test

I didn't fix anything. And it appeared to be working fine for everyone else.

Like I said in the off-list message, I suspect you and Sammie are both using something to do "anti-spam" checks on your email and it got a bit overzealous -- Like Mike's replies to the list that always end up with the subject changed to "****SPAM**** [Original subject]".

The freelist server regularly gets put on "blackhole" lists like spamcop.net because people can't follow simple unsubscribe directions and get mad when whining and crying to the list doesn't get them unsubscribed (not the TCB list, freelists hosts THOUSANDS of email lists). Then they report list mail as spam and the servers get on the spammer lists -- affecting ALL lists that the server hosts.

Are you both using something like MailWasher to scan your mail before you pick it up? Or maybe a Norton or McAffee anti-spm addition to their anti-virus applications?

Gerald

Denis Dodson wrote:
Mine wasn't working until about a hour ago. Thanks for hooking me back up Gerald ----- Original Message ----- From: mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxx To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 11:01 AM
  Subject: [tcb] test

  this is just a test to see if my e-mail to freelists is working.