[tcb] Re: test

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 11:56:08 -0600

i know this: in the winter batteries are usually weaker. if that is the case and you have a bad battery or two bad batteries it may not start due to lack of current.

that's all i got.

(i'm sure my answer will wake a lot of folks up and make this list busy as usual)

From: Mike Selvey <sidecar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: test
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 11:53:20 -0600

OK-

If this is such a slow news day, maybe we can ponder this.....my '79 Westy (with restored used functional EFI - van originally came w/dual progressive Weber I couldn't get to work worth snot), developed cold-starting problems some weeks ago. The answer (I thought) was when I discovered that the fuel pump was leaking very slightly. I figured that it was losing the fuel compression overnight through the leak, so I searched and found a good used 35PSI OEM fuel pump and installed it..

Problem solved! For about two weeks. Now the problem's back. In the present cold weather, I try to start her and the engine turns over, and over, and over and never catches. In the process, I manage to run down BOTH my batteries! Nice to have a 6 amp charger, tho!

Any ideas from any EFI gurus?

Thanks for any info.

Mike Selvey
Nacogdoches, TX