[tcb] Re: steering wheel ?

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 00:28:55 -0500 (Central Standard Time)

What year is the Hoochie? I *THINK* that some models of Rabbit steering
wheels will fit '74 and newer straight shaft columns. I don't know of
anything that will fit an '73 and earlier tapered shaft column.

Grant doesn't make adapters for their s-wheels for ANY year bus. What a
PITA. I'm thinking of buying one of their nice BIG 17" truck s-wheels later
on and having a machinist friend make an adapter using a bug adapter and
old busted bus s-wheel for patterns.

If you find a steering wheel that will fit a later bus and the Hoochie is
'73-down then you can swap out the whole steering column fairly easily.

Gerald