[tcb] Re: sharon

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:13:19 -0500 (Central Standard Time)

"Good" reporters don't write stuff down. That way they can write what they
"remember" you saying. Their memory usually makes the story more
"interesting" though the person being "quoted" may not appreciate it very
much.

Next time there's going to be coverage of the show bring along a portable
recorder and keep it with you. Use it during any interviews and "suggest"
to the reporter that they be as accurate as possible or you'll speak to
their editor.

You may also want to ask around and see if any of us VW nuts has any
journalistic experience. Get a show participant to put together an article
for freelance submission and do some fact checking before submitting it.
DB&HVW may appreciate a well written article and photos that they don't
have to pay staffer expenses to get.

G2