From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 20:38:29
To:tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: samba 60

Terry:  Dug through some old factory photos and found two supposedly 60s with
the indented hatch.  Now I'm really confused.  Apparently they must have
started sometime in the 60 model year.  But the recognized authority Eccles
says that this didn't start till 7/31/61 with sn 802986, at the same time as
the large taillights.  What type of rear hatch does your 60 and 61 have and
what type of taillights?  Per your sn's the 60 should have been built around
late March of 60 and the 61 should have been built around early October 60.
Your M code plates should tell you the exact date of manufacture.  The upper
left corner of the M plate should have the date, e.g., 21 03 0 means the 21st
day of March in 1960.  My 60 panel van was built 04 12 9, or December 4, 1959
with SN 543756.

And I didn't know you had such a collection of busses!  Two questions:  When
are we gonna see some of these guys; and with all of those splitties what in
the heck are you doing with those Bays?

TheresaBuckner@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hello Peter and all   that # is    663680   the title says 61     the 60 westy
# is 588162   I have never looked it up in the books .   both are high
hinge     Terry