[tcb] Re: psychoblooie report

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 14:15:27 -0500

i think andy has called me 4 times now just to rub in the fact that i didn't go. wish i went thought everyone sounds like they have had a good time.

heard gerald got some experience pulling the motor out of his bus.

gerald you care to share your story?

From: "j duncan" <whocanduncan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: psychoblooie report
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 13:50:17 -0500

What Eric said and. . .,

Departure day -1: I stayed up all night with excitement. The anticipation was just too much to handle.

Day 1: We pack and leave early, which turns out to be late. Freedom was upset at not meeting Chuck & Sue on Thursday night and so blew a fuse. I had it replaced by the time hellos and introductions were done at the Fishery. We joined the drive to Cooper State Park.

Day 2: We detected a definate spark between Roxanne and Freedom. She confirms our suspisions when she jumps him in Cooper. We saw lots of town squares but only 2 red lights. We caught up to enjoy the shared excitement of passing a truck on a double yellow. Then Dan stops for a "Spine Tingle Continuium" in Telimena State Park. Then Andy joined us in Poteau. How'ed he do that? He just merged right in coming out of nowhere. Ah, we must still be in the Spine Tingle dimension. There are now 5 buses in route. Okie, 3 buses and two vans.

While on the Bluff, Sue cooked. Then Denis cooked. Great cooks, both.

Me and Cindy cruise to Eureka Springs for burgers and beer. Roads 303, 12 and 23 are cool and twisty. Note to self: Avoid hwy 71 during future visits. No matter what.

I'm seeing double by the time Debbie Barnes arrives: two Emilys, two Cindys and two Lonnies. And a Bonnie. Paul's truck hums, as it is a Hummer afterall, a forlourne tune of brakes for the Zone. Fireworks galore. Francis, the neighbor, enjoys the fireworks. Afterwards, we find ourselves singing songs of oil and flatheads with the Buskatiers. Real Fred strums a tune of Mt. Whitney while Chuck talks of Search & Rescue. Late nights and day-long naps.

Sunday, moons shine as the soap washes away the dirt. Low clouds roll in to the kitchen but not everyone has IFR ratings. Sharon bumps in to Sue. Mater gets his helicopter ride. Thor follows Teak everywhere. Lilly stands her ground. Gerald leaves. Gerald returns. The tranny's in but the throwout bearing is uncooperative. The parts distributor is closed and so are the beverage distributors. Life is hard when the drinks are soft. Eric and Amy cancel the trip to Eureka Springs after fixing the brakes. A mellow night and more dishes to wash.

Monday, Cindy sleeps in and we miss the parade. We leave at 12PM, take a 4-lane superhiway and make it home shortly after 10PM. Cindy gets a fireant bite as soon as she steps out of the van. Welcome back to TX.

A huge THANK YOU to everyone for making it so fun, and especially to Denis and Jan for having us!